What We Believe
Articles of Faith
The purpose of this Church shall be the advancement of the Kingdom of God through Jesus Christ. It shall seek to attain this end through the public worship of God, the preaching of the Gospel, consistent Christian living by its members, evangelism, missionary endeavor, and Christian education. This purpose shall be fulfilled through adherence to the distinctive principles for which Baptists have stood.
1. THE LORDSHIP OF JESUS CHRIST. He alone is the ultimate authority in all matters of life and faith for the believer.
2. THE SUPREMACY OF THE SCRIPTURES. The Bible, which can be read and understood by all believers, is supreme over all creeds.
3. THE PRIESTHOOD OF BELIEVERS. It is the right of every person to approach God directly through Christ.
4. BELIEVERS’ BAPTISM. Baptism is only for believers and the mode is immersion, as taught in the New Testament.
5. REGENERATE CHURCH MEMBERSHIP. Church membership is intended for baptized believers.
6. SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. The state should protect all religious groups, but favor none.
7. RELIGIOUS FREEDOM. Every person is responsible only to God for his/her religious belief and practices; every person therefore should have the right to worship as his/her own convictions and conscience dictate.
8. THE AUTONOMY OF THE LOCAL CHURCH. Each local church is self-governing, choosing its own pastor and managing its own affairs.
9. THE EVANGELIZATION OF THE WORLD. Baptists take seriously the Great Commission of Christ, therefore, they endeavor to win people to Christ at home and abroad.